UPDATED AS OF 1/1/2018
IMPORTANT – READ THE FOLLOWING RENTAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND THE RENTAL ORDER WHICH FORM THE RENTAL AGREEMENT & ORDER, AND ARE BINDING UPON CUSTOMER ONCE PAYMENT IS RECIEVED:
RENTAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND RENTAL ORDER
1. GENERAL. Customer acknowledges that Enchanted Rentals LLC’s inventory items are one-of a kind items. Customer shall use all property in a careful and proper manner, shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and shall return the property in the same condition and good repair as when received. Customer hereby assumes all risk of loss and damage to the property from any cause whatsoever.
2. WARRANTIES. Customer acknowledges that the rental property is of a size, design, and capacity selected by customer, and that Enchanted Rentals LLC, has not made and does not make any representation, warranty, or covenant, express or implied, with respect to the condition, quality, durability, suitability of the property, fitness for a particular purpose or durability. Enchanted Rentals LLC disclaims all warranties express or implied with respect to the rental property. Customer understands that Enchanted Rentals LLC makes no guarantee that there will be additional inventory available.
3. RESPONSIBILIY. Responsibility of the rentals remains with the customer from the time of delivery or pick-up until the time of return or retrieval. Customer agrees that all rentals be protected from misuse and weather at all times and secured when not in use to prevent theft or disappearance.
4. LIABILITY. Under no circumstances will Enchanted Rentals LLC be liable for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the rental property. Enchanted Rentals LLC shall not be liable to customer for any loss, injury, or damage caused directly or indirectly by the rental property, by any inadequacy thereof, or defect therein. Enchanted Rentals LLC shall not be liable in the event any inventory is no longer available prior to ones event, because of loss or damage caused directly or indirectly to the rental item. Enchanted Rentals LLC will make every attempt to get a replacement rental as close to the rental item originally reserved or full refund for said purposed rental item.
5. ORDER CHANGES. Customer agrees that changes to numbers of plates, flatware, glassware, linens, tables, and chairs cannot exceed a 10 percent decrease to reserved amount. All order/service changes must be placed in writing, faxed or emailed as to avoid any confusion. Additional services require an appropriate deposit and will be charged to your credit card unless other terms are specified. Emails are considered legal and binding and do not require a signature to be valid. No substitutions are allowed within fourteen (14) days of the event. Items may be allowed based on availability.
6. RENTAL DEPOSIT. Rental items will be reserved only upon a receipt of this signed rental agreement and a 50 percent non-refundable deposit. The final balance must be paid 14 days prior to the scheduled reservation date and is non-refundable.
7. DISPUTES. Customer agrees not to use vintage, rustic or boho items from any source other than Enchanted Rentals LLC including but not limited to china, teacups, mason jars, glassware, floral containers, furniture, props, rugs lounge items/or linens at the event without express written consent by Enchanted Rentals LLC in order to prevent ownership disputes and loss.
8. WEATHER. In the event of forecasted rain for outdoor rentals, customer must provide tented and fully covered area for textiles, upholstered furniture, dining chairs, coffee tables, and side tables. Enchanted Rentals LLC and its representatives reserve the exclusive right to not set up furniture outside if it is raining or if rain is imminent. “Forecasted rain” is defined as a 20 percent or greater likelihood of rain predicted for the rental date by Weather.com. HURRICANES. In the event of Hurricane or Tropical Storms that are deemed to ‘hit’ our area, as defined by Weather.com and the Governor of South Carolina, all rentals may be rescheduled up to 5 days prior and only if alternate date is available for chosen rentals. The final payment (remaining 50%) for these rental items will be refunded is no other date is rescheduled; but not the original 50 percent non-refundable deposit. Any cancellations due to extreme weather less than 5 days in advance will incur the full rental and delivery charges.
9. WAREHOUSE PICKUPS. Customer understands that these items are fragile and or vintage and must be treated with extreme care. All furniture items must be picked up in a utility cargo van (with no seats) or a box truck. No SUVs, vans, open pickup trucks, or flat bed trailers will be accepted for pick-up. Furniture must be strapped down with ratchet straps to prevent it from falling over during transit.
Bulky order pick-up (columns, alters, etc.): Bulky orders must be picked-up in a full size pickup with tailgate, moving blankets, and tie-downs. Customer is responsible for supplying own moving supplies. Pick-up trucks arriving in rainy weather or without appropriate supplies will be denied rentals and will not be eligible for a refund. Tarps are not acceptable as an alternative to an enclosed vehicle, no exceptions. Any client arriving in a flat-bed trailer will be denied rentals and will not be eligible for a refund. You may request a last minute delivery and we will do our best to accommodate you, but there are no guarantees.
Enchanted Rentals LLC and its associates reserves the right to refuse a customer warehouse pick up if they deem that the means transportable is not suitable. Upon pickup or delivery, if Enchanted perceives that misuse will occur, we will NOT leave the items and no refunds will be issued.
Small order pick-ups: Small orders, ie, china or candleholders, may be picked-up in a car or vehicle of choice, but all items must be in the enclosed portion of vehicle.
10. DELIVERY. Delivery includes delivery of rental items to one covered and secure location at the venue before the event and pick up of the items once it is over. Enchanted will deliver and retrieve items to one location on the 1st or ground floor within 100 feet of our delivery vehicle. The drop off location must be a secure, covered area to protect the rentals. Delivery and rental fees do not cover set up and style.
11. RETRIEVAL/ DELIVERY. If you, the renter, will not be available during pick-up, it is your responsibility to coordinate with the venue to ensure all items are gathered together in correct location. If items are not available upon pick-up at the location of the drop-off delivery, the customer may return the items, or schedule another pick-up time but will be charged another day’s rental fee and another delivery charge. If customer has elected to not pay for setup/break down charges, then all items must be packed up by customer, placed into the appropriate containers with tables and chairs secured.
If you are not available at time of delivery and retrieval, you must designate two dependable people over the age of 21 to be there in your place, with pre-consent to sign for all rentals. When you sign your order at delivery you are signing that you have received all of your items in good condition. You are also agreeing that the items are accounted for. For pick-up and retrieval you must be present or have the same representatives to account for rentals.
12. EXTENDED OR NON-STANDARD DELIVERIES: Standard delivery fee includes drop off at the lowest level of the structure. Certain job sites require labor intensive load in/out (including elevators and stairs) and these logistical details must be arranged prior to your event. Please be sure to mention all these details to be sure we provide you with an accurate quote. Labor intensive deliveries range from an additional $100 – $300. Please be specific about the delivery details of your location prior to making the reservation. If Enchanted discovers a special delivery situation upon arrival, the credit card on file will be charged automatically.
13. SET-UP/ STYLING: Styling of items is an additional service that must be prearranged with Enchanted Rentals LLC. Customer acknowledges that any additional movement of the tables and chairs from the said location will incur additional charges (ie. moving chairs from a ceremony set up to reception or up a flight of stairs) and are not included in the delivery charge.
This fee includes the setup/styling and installation of the rented item and/or applying only to the decor that we provide. Fees are based on total number of items, assembly time and decorating involvement. We do not install or decorate with items that were not provided by us. The set-up fee does not include breakdown, cleanup or removal. A tear down service is available for an additional fee.
14. INVENTORY CLEANING. Smoking is prohibited on the lounge furniture in any event. Linens and Chairs – Client must not try and clean any alcohol, wine, chocolate or other food from upholstered furniture, linens or rugs. Client must inform at time of retrieval to assess damage in order to try and resolve for least cost and avoid any further damage. Tables- a wipe down with a damp cloth is all that is needed for tables, buffets, trunks and end tables. Glassware/Flatware/Dinnerware – All dinnerware must be scraped and rinsed and put back into container. Rental does not include: setup of the items on the tables, napkin folding, food handling, catering duties of any kind, including: table bussing, replacing glassware, dinnerware or flatware back into crates, beverage handling or setup of coffee urn or punch fountain. Caterer must monitor glassware/flatware usage and replenish the buffet/guest tables as needed. Vases and centerpeices- discard all water, flowers, candles or candy and replace back into crates.
15. RETURNS. All rental items must be returned to Enchanted Rentals, LLC within the rental period specified on the “Rental Order” of this agreement. Customer will have extended rental charges of $299 assessed for each 24 hour period it is late. If equipment is not returned within 4 days of the “Drop Off” information date listed on the Rental Agreement, such failure shall constitute an unauthorized taking and Enchanted Rentals LLC may consider such equipment stolen and take all steps necessary to recover said equipment, including charging the customer at cost price thereof, and shall be due upon billing in addition to the rental charge. Customer shall not deliver possessions of the rental property to any individual(s) other than Enchanted Rentals employees and shall require reasonable identification from such individual(s) prior to surrendering possession
16. DAMAGED/MISSING ITEMS. At the time of return, customer should make every effort to inform owner of any damages or missing inventory. In the event a rental item is NOT returned or returned to Enchanted Rentals LLC stained, damaged, or in broken condition, customer will be charged five (5) times the rental cost of the piece. Customer agrees to provide a valid credit card number at time of reservation, which will be charged by Enchanted Rentals LLC to pay for any such damages. Damage fees will be due upon billing and Enchanted Rentals LLC will make a reasonable effort to notify customer of damage fees before the credit card is charged. Items damaged beyond repair are discarded within 10 days unless the client requests to come pick them up. After 10 days, the client gives up rights to the item(s). Photos of damages will be submitted as proof upon request. If damaged items are not paid for within 7 days, the credit card on file will be billed.
17. NON-PAYMENT/BREACH OF CONTRACT. Orders placed and cancelled incur a 50% cancellation fee. Final Selection/ Counts and cancellations must be received no later than the Friday two weeks prior to the event. No services contained in this contract will be rendered, delivered, or available if initial payment is not received and balance is not paid 14 days in full prior to your event. Further cancellations must be received in writing before 14 days prior to event.
18. IDEMNITY. Customer shall indemnify Enchanted Rentals LLC against any claim, action, damages, and liability, including attorneys’ fees, arising or connected with customer’s use and possession of the rental property.
Liability Release Indemnification: Customer assumes liability for, and shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Enchanted Rentals LLC, its agents, employees, officers, and assigns from and against, any and all liabilities, obligations, losses, demands, damages, injuries (including, but not limited to, bodily injury, illness and death), claims, penalties, suits, actions, costs and expenses, including attorneys fee, of whatsoever kind and nature, relating to or arising out of the use, condition (including, but not limited to latent and other defects and whether or not discoverable by lessee or lessor), operation ownership, selection, delivery, leasing, or return of the equipment, regardless of where, how, and by whom operated, or any failure on the part of lessee to perform or comply with the conditions of this lease. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, lessee shall, at its own cost and expense, defend lessor against all claims, suits or proceedings commenced by anyone in which lessor is named as a party for which lessor is alleged to be liable or responsible as a result of or arising out of the equipment, or any alleged act or omission by lessor, and lessee shall be liable and responsible for all costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees incurred in the defense and/or settlement, judgment, or other resolution thereof. In the event any such is commenced naming lessor as a party. Lessor may, in its sole discretion, elect to defend said action on its own behalf with counsel of its choice, and lessee shall be liable for and reimburse lessee for all costs, expenses, and attorney’s’ fees incurred by lessor in such defense. Purpose of this Clause: The indemnities and assumptions of the liabilities and obligations herein provided for shall continue in full force and effect notwithstanding the expiration or other termination of the lease. In the event lessor fails to perform under the terms of this contract, lessor shall be liable for any attorney’s fees and costs expended by lessee in any claim or action against lessor for breach of contract and/or for specific performance.
PHOTO RELEASE: By signing this agreement, you give Enchanted permission to use any photos that we take or vendor received from your event on our website and advertisements, materials, etc, with the understanding that you will not profit from them in any way.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT. THIS CONTRACT IS VALID FOR ALL RENTALS PURCHASED BY THIS CUSTOMER, AND SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR CONTRACTS.